Preparing for Your Visit
At Monterey Park Hospital, we want to make the day of your procedure go
as smoothly as possible. Please review the information in this section,
and also any pre-registration information you have. If you have any questions, please
To download a checklist to help you know what to bring to the hospital, please
What to Bring:
On the day of your procedure, please bring the following:
- ID (driver's license, passport, or visa)
- Insurance card(s), or Medicare/Medi-Cal cards, if applicable
- Physician orders and any other paperwork the physician's office may
have given you
- Authorization for the procedure, if applicable
- Copay/deductible, if applicable
- Current medications
- Please leave your jewelry, money, and other valuables at home.
- Please take a shower the night before and the morning of your procedure
with anti-bacterial soap. Please do not apply lotion, perfume or deodorant.
- Bring a case for your eyeglasses/contact lenses or dentures, if needed.
- Advise your physician of any allergies you may have or medications you
- You must plan to have a ride home; you will not be allowed to drive yourself.
The Night Before Your Procedure
Please follow these important guidelines:
- Do not smoke, eat, or drink anything including water, candy, or chewing
gum for the specified time before your surgery, as instructed by
our pre-admitting nurse or doctor's office.
- You may brush your teeth or have a sip of water to take your regular medication.
If you eat or drink anything by mistake, call your physician or the Surgery
Department 626-300-0255 before coming to the hospital.
- Notify your doctor if you become ill; develop a cold, persistent cough,
or fever; or note any changes in your condition.
- Go to bed early so you are rested for your procedure.
The Day of Procedure
It is important that you arrive at the time set by your physician. If your
physician did not specify a time to arrive, please arrive at least two
hours prior to your scheduled procedure.
Please go directly to the front desk of the hospital to check in and register.
Remember you will not be allowed to drive yourself home after a procedure,
please make arrangements for someone to drop you off and pick you up once
you are ready to go home.
Monterey Park Hospital provides free transportation within a 10-mile radius
to and from the hospital. For more information, please call 626-300-0273,
this service must be scheduled 24 hours in advance.
Free parking is available in the patient and visitor lot in front of the hospital.
If you would like family and friends nearby, they may relax in the front
lobby, the cafeteria, or the outside patio area. Televisions are located
in the front lobby and cafeteria. Children's entertainment tables
are located in the front lobby.
For a complete list of hospital amenities,
Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the hospital.
Please remind family and friends that visitors are not allowed in the recovery
room. Each procedure and patients health condition determines the length
of time a patient will stay in the hospital.
We appreciate the trust you have given us in providing your medical care.
If there is other information we can provide you that will help you feel
more comfortable before your procedure, please